Fernando Tordoya DDS, FAGD
After graduating from dental school, Dr. Tordoya went for further studies in Prosthodontics (a dental specialty that deals with complex cases of teeth replacement) and completed one year Fellowship at New Jersey Dental School.
He is also a recipient of multiple awards during his career as a dental student and as a dental professional in Peru and the United States. His emphasis is on patient comfort as well as keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in dentistry which enable him to provide his patients with the best quality of care in the field. He is also fluent in Spanish, a native speaker.
Dr. Tordoya is the recipient of the following awards in the United States:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society Omega chapter New York University. Alumni member inducted in May 2005. This award is only given to the TOP 10% of the class.
- Dr. Harry J. Gersten Award in Fixed Prosthodontics.
- Long Island Academy of Odontology Award.
- Henry T. and Henrietta Quade Scholarship at New York University College of Dentistry.
- American College of Prosthodontics Scholarship Foundation.
Dr. Tordoya has a wide range of experience in different areas of dentistry, from cosmetic and restorative dentistry to surgical treatments and root canal treatments as well as children. He conducted Research involving Oral Medicine and Periodontics (Gum Disease) which received excellente recognition and praise.
Dr. Tordoya is a member of the American Dental Association, New Jersey Dental Association and Academy of General Dentistry. He achieved Fellowship at the Academy of General Dentistry and is one of the handful dentists in the nation that hold this award.
Dr. Tordoya’s family includes his wife, Leslie, a Registered Nurse and their daughter Abby . They enjoy spending time together and with their pet. Dr. Tordoya always finds time to be with his family and friends. His hobbies are traveling, reading, playing the guitar, listening to music and enjoying all types of cuisine and cultures.
“I am really excited to offer my patients with the best comprehensive oral care they can receive. My biggest compliment is to gain your trust and referrals which I strive for everyday” – Dr. Tordoya